Saxon Stories: The Chronicles of King Aethelstan
KS2 | 60 min | £70 per class workshop
Our popular Saxon Stories workshops have expanded! Transport your class back over 1000 years and immerse yourself in this theatrical introduction to the Saxon King Aethelstan. Crowned in Kingston, he was the first king of all of England. Learn about the Saxons in Kingston through an engaging story told by King Aethelstan himself (in partnership with Splatt Theatre Company). This is the perfect way to access the curriculum-linked topic in a creative and engaging way.
This workshop is delivered live via Zoom to classrooms, and also includes access to a pre-recorded video of the workshop for learners at home for no extra charge.
This bespoke digital workshop includes:
- A live Saxon storytelling performance from King Aethelstan
- Class participation to engage different types of learners
- A drama activity where children can take part in Aethelstan’s coronation day
- Q&A session with King Aethelstan
- Temporary access to a pre-recorded workshop for learners at home
- Tailored follow-up resources pack
Pre-recorded Workshop Access
KS2 | 50 min | £50
For schools with most of their learners at home, both of our workshops are available as pre-recorded videos which can be accessed remotely. Access is provided via a shareable link, which expires after 7 days to allow learners at home plenty of time to watch it and complete the accompanying resource pack.
The pre-recorded workshops include:
- An engaging recorded workshop, meeting important characters from Kingston’s past
- Shareable link, live for 7 days
- Exploration of how we remember the past
- Opportunities to develop information processing and critical thinking skills
- Tailored follow-up resources pack with activities to complete at home
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book and for more information.
View our other digital workshops
Climb aboard our time-travelling airplane to learn about significant people from Kingston’s past!Find out more
Learning Fees and charges
Review our service fees and charges including schools sessions and talks.Fees and charges